Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Know anything about triple citizenship


Know anything about triple citizenship?
I was born in Great Britain and moved to the States when I was 7. As of this past Monday I am now citizens of both countries. Even though America doesn't recognize dual, just saying you renounce citizenship to Great Britain doesn't work you have to write a letter. I was wondering if any of you were citizens of three countries or knew anything about it? Thanks Guys! First two answers: I didn't ask you for your opinion. It's none of your business what I do with my life. You know nothing about me nor do you the reasons behind this question. Actually it's not traitorous at all. It's completely legal. Nothing you two say will ever take the experiences I have had away from me.
Immigration - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Citizenship of 3 countries is not practical.
2 :
Dual is still acceptable by some countries but not triple. You have no devotion to any other so why keep you. Best is to choose one and be a loyal citizen. For most traders who run around in two working countries, they will keep two.
3 :
I am not sure what you are trying to ask but in theory you could be a citizen of three countries. For instance, if your parents were from two different countries that recognized the principle of Jus sanguinis; however, you were born in the US. You would be entitled to citizen in all three barring either had a rule against or forced you to swear allegiance to their country.
4 :
True you asked no opinion . However your hearing the truth. If someone wants to be an American they should hold no other citizenship or loyalty. The insane idea of Iraq people living here and voting in Iraq elections is just another way this Country is headed downhill.
5 :
I was born in what's now the Czech republic, When Communists took over became a DP (displaced person), then came to the States and became a US citizen (losing the Czech citizenship). In 1998 by a Czech-US agreement, dual citizenship was recognized by both countries. So, I have now dual. 8 years ago while working in Taiwan, I married a Filipina and now live in the Philippines. According to the local law, I can get Philippine citizenship after 10 years residence. That would qualify me for a third passport although I don't see almost any advantages in having it. Come to think of it, I have met a man on a flight from Taiwan to USA who had a triple citizenship... Czech, Italian, and Maltese. Hope this helps.
6 :
yes you can be a dual citizenship of two countries as long as both countries allow dual citizenship. USA DOES allow dual citizenship. YES You can be a citizen of three or more countries as well - AS LONG AS ALL THREE (or more) countries ALL allow dual citizenship. The actor Keanu Reeves has 4 citizenships. His mother is English, his father American, he was born in Lebanon abd he grew up in Canada. He is entitled to citizenships from ALL 4 countries. I beleive he uses his Canadian passport the most.